Saturday, November 16, 2013

Darth Vader carrying Jesus in the Rubble of the World Trade Center available on Ebay

Ebay user, cedric_chambers, is selling prints of a painting he made called "The Prophet," depicts Darth Vader carrying Jesus in the rubble of the twin towers.

Some have posted (I saw it first on the Huffington Post) that the portrait might be the most controversial image ever made. That is absurd.

It's not controversial it all. It's an artists interpretation of a fictional event. It's actually a cool concept, and at the price, $35, it's affordable if you like it.

That's the problem right there, I don't like it. Not because of what it depicts, but because it's not a very good painting.

Better than anything I could do, yes, but good, not in my eyes. I don't like the way the face is painted on the Jesus character, and I don't think that there are enough details in the background.

As far as controversy goes, it's no worse than the image below of Spider-Man. joining the war effort.



No comments:

Post a Comment