Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Journalist invited to guest on ‘Podbros Promotions’ podcast

For the better part of a decade I’ve wanted to be a podcaster, but for various reasons I’ve never gotten around to it, at least not officially.
A few years back, some readers might remember the ‘Culture ‘Cast, that I started with good friend and then-coworker David Komer, but it was extremely short lived. It also wasn’t a podcast, we used a video player to post it and save on some editing time, and it was recorded on a video camera with no microphones.
It also only lasted three episodes.
LISTEN: Podbros Promotions episode 47 with Dave Herndon.
Then last year I decided to write a story about a podcasting network started by Lincoln Park resident John Bruske and a bunch of other local men.
I convinced a bunch of them to get together and chat, and even told them to feel free to record it and post it as a podcast.
They did, and I was officially featured on my first “real” podcast on the Podbros.com network.
Flash forward about a year, I was asked to be on one of the (now more than 30) shows on the network.
Bruske wanted to interview me about what it’s like being a modern journalist, how I do it and where I see the future of the industry.
I’m not used to being on that side of the table, I’m always the one asking the questions, but I think it turned out well.
The show I was on is called “Podbros Promotions,” where Bruske goes around and interviews people from all walks of life. I was lucky enough to be featured on the 47th episode which he posted Sunday morning, and I was asked back for a future episode (whether it posts at #48 or a future episode) about my toy collecting and the industry there.
Give it a listen and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment