Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My 1,000th Twitter Follower

   Sometime yesterday I crossed 1,000 followers on Twitter. I know that for some of you, that may not be a large number, but to me it's incredible.
   To think that there are now over 1,000 (1,010 as I write this) people out there on the internet that care enough about what I have to say to follow me on Twitter, that's special to me. I mean a thousand people is a large number.
   I don't tweet groundbreaking things, mostly links to things that amuse me, links to stories on our newspaper website, and things from my worldview. Occasionally  I toss up the live tweet when out covering a game or event, as often as I am able to anyway.
   I know that I manage to get people to read my stories when they are posted online, and also this blog, but for all I know it could be nothing but family and friends clicking repeatedly over and over. (OK I doubt that, but it is always a possibility.) With Twitter I know for sure that there are over 1,000 unique people that want to routinely hear what I think about things.
   Well thank you to all that are following me, and if you are reading this and not following on Twitter, why not? I'll most likely follow you back. You can find me on Twitter @NHDaveH.

No comments:

Post a Comment