Friday, October 19, 2012

Destination Star Trek: London

A woman dressed as the Star Trek character
 'Leeta' (C) and man dressed as 'Rom' (2R)
 arrive to attend the 'Destination Star Trek London' convention
 at the ExCeL centre on October 19, 2012 in London, England.
 The three-day convention, which opened to the general public today,
 will be attended by all five actors who played captains
 throughout the 46-year-old series. 
   Damn, I REALLY want to be there for this.

   I may be mistaken but I think that this is the first, and potentially last time that all five actors to have captained a ship in the Star Trek Universe (at least on TV, sorry Chris Pine) have been in one place at the same time. I suppose it's not "all" since the actor that played Capt. Pike isn't there, but it's as close as we can otherwise get.
 
Actors William Shatner who plays Captain James T. Kirk the original
 version of Star Trek and Avery Brooks who plays Captain Benjamin Sisko in Deep Space Nine
 arrives at the Destination Star Trek London event in London October 18, 2012. 
   The problem we have here, is that the convention in is London. I have no way to get there. The heart is willing, but the body is unable. (As is the pocket book...)

   Maybe I could get my boss to finance a trip as long as I filed reports from there next year? That's totally something that a bi-weekly community newspaper should cover right? Many more photos at the link.

Check out about 20 more pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment