Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Is this thing on?

   OK, so I'm a bit new to this, kind of.
   I've started several blogs in the past, and after a few months, many updates and fewer than 2 readers (thanks Mom) all of them eventually ended. This time will be different though, this time I'm getting paid to do it, kind of.
   I've started a new job recently, for which I am very grateful. I'm happier now than I can recall being at any point in the past five years, but enough about me specifically, if you want to read about me, check out my column that was recently published in the News-Herald. That explains a brief history of my past, and just what my new job is.
   Now on to the good stuff, what I hope this blog will be about. I'm a self professed nerd, geek, whatever feel free to insert your own adjective there. I love comic books and movies, and sometimes I still bust out the crayons and a Ninja Turtle coloring book, though not from my youth, that was a recent purchase. In this blog I will write about all things that I'm interested in.  I have a very obsessive personality so once I get hooked on something I go hardcore until I'm very knowledgeable on the subject--like the time I watched all 5 seasons and 7 Babylon 5 movies in about 6 weeks. I'll keep you all updated on what geeky stuff I'm up to, and hopefully you will return the favor and let me know what your into, and possible turn me on to some new stuff in the process.
   With that I bid you adieu, for now.  I promise, "I'll be back."

5 comments:

  1. You know that now you have said "I'll be back", the axe murderer's going to get you, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which axe murderer might that be sir? There are many out there on the open highway that we call life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, there's a killer on the road. And his brain is squirming like a toad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just out here like a dog without a bone.

    ReplyDelete