Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Keys to a Shiny New Australia

And Penny will see the evil me
Not a joke not a dork not a failure
And she may cry but her tears will dry
When I hand her the keys to a shiny new Australia.

   Okay, so initially I was gonna write on Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog, which is wicked cool, but I've decided not to. Instead I've decided to write a love note to the land down under, a land I hope to someday visit and possibly never return from.

   I'll admit that America is the land of plenty, but Australia seems to have it all too.  They have some of my favorite comedians, fantastic movies and TV shows that never get imported and two of my best friends in all of the world. What more could a boy ask for?  Not much that's for sure.

   I mean sure, it's really hot there, goods and services are more expensive and the culture seems a bit backwards at times.  All of that is ok though, I mean on hot days stay inside, the pay helps even out the price difference and I've always wanted to learn about new cultures.

   My only concern with going there is this: What would I do if I were attacked by a Kangaroo? Guess I'll just be staying home for now then.

Stoke me a Clipper, I'll be back by breakfast.

8 comments:

  1. As one of those friends, I feel honoured and its a pity you live over yonder.
    But as for us being backwards, is that because of our chuazwazzahs instead of bullfrogs?
    If attacked by a kangaroo, get Sylvester Jr. to speak to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was being a bit underhanded I think. It's not so much backwards (other than the toilets) but different. Things there are just so different. Maybe you should just move here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I don't have to come visit and be attacked by a kangaroo I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The biggest thing that always concerned me with a potential move is getting used to the fact that you guys drive on the other side of the road and the driver's side is the left hand side

    ReplyDelete
  5. But see, that's just being normal. We drive on the RIGHT side. It makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn you righties and your hatred of left handed people. Well, soon the ambidextrous movement will overthrow you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And then I'll just open a leftorium.

    ReplyDelete