Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The One Year Movie Challenge!

Note: This is not my collection, not even a small fraction of my collection.


   I started this back in May in a note on Facebook, but I've decided to share it with the rest of the world too.

   I'm a very avid movie fan, always have been, always will be. I own nearly 3000 dvd's. I watch an inordinate amount of films, though ironically not nearly as many since I started this challenge. Basically what I am doing though is keeping track of all of the movies I watch, be it on DVD, at the theater, on a BluRay disc, Netflix or even on plain old TV.  I'm keeping a list and updating it regularly.  I'll give periodic updates here in case anyone is interested. Here is a copy of the original note and the list from May 1 until now. Note that TV series do not count on this, yet I do watch those in complete season sets as well.


Starting May 1, 2011 I'll be attempting to create a list of every single film I see this year.  I'll note whether it was on TV, DVD or in theater, but in essence Ill be keeping a daily track of which films I see from May 1, 2011 through April 30, 2012.

Feel free to add your own comments or observations on this note as it is updated and changed over the year, or to make your own list as well. Also feel free to let me know who else to tag, I've got too many moviephiles on my friends list to know who all would be interested in this.

And now, for the list...
1. Tek War -via Netflix. Been trying to catch this for a long time, based on a series of books written by William Shatner, and it caused a spin off TV series that lasted one season. Directed by William Shatner as well.
2. Easy A- via Netflix, starring Emma Stone.
3. Dogs Decoded- via Netflix, a documentary about dogs.
4. 9/11: The Myth & the Reality, via netflix.
5. The Green Hornet -Blu-Ray DVD.
6. The One Percent via Netflix.
7. Thor at the Theater.
8. Hot Tub Time Machine -DVD.
9. Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie -Netflix.
10. Up in the Air -DVD (loved the ending.)
11. Thor: Tales of Asgard -Blu-Ray
12. The Rookie - on TV.
13. Being Lincoln: Men in Hats - on TV, very strange documentary.
14. Power Rangers: Mystic Force - Dark Wish. - DVD
15. X-Men First Class - in theater.
16. The Untouchables - on TV.
17. The Four-Faced Liar - Netflix
18. Rookie of the Year. -Netflix.
19. X-Men First Class. - Theater.
20. Green Lantern -Emerald Knights -Blu-Ray.
21. Diner -Netflix.
22. Then & Now An Evening with Joe Quesad and Stan Lee -DVD.
23. The Green Lantern - in Theater.
24. Chasing Amy -Netflix
25. The American President -Netflix.
26. True Blue 10 years of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour -Cable
27. The Phantom -Cable.
28. Blue Collar Comedy Tour: The Movie -Cable. (yes cable is that sad in a hotel room on vacation...)
29. Hooper -Dvd
30. Stroker Ace -Dvd.
31. The Life and Times of Hank Greenberg - Netflix.
32. Varsity Blues -Cable.
33. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. -Theater
34. Captain America: The First Avenger- Theater
35. Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.-DVD.
36. Undiscovered: Disney Parks. - Netflix.
37. Between the Folds. -Netflix.
38. The Almighty Thor -Netflix   (Total trash)
39. Skyline - Netflix
40. The Missing -TV
41. Young Guns -TV
42. Black Swan -BluRay
43. Predators -DVD.
44. Hobo with a Shotgun -Netflix
45. Paper Man -Netflix
46. The Expendables -Netflix
47. Tangled - Netflix.
48. The Fighter -Netflix.
49. Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull -TV
50. Zombieland -TV
51. The Bounty Hunter -TV
52. X-Men: First Class -Blu Ray
53. Thor -Blu Ray
54. Weird Science -Netflix
55. I Love You Phillip Morris -Netflix.
56. Star Trek (2009) -DVD
57. Inspector Gadget's Last Case -Netflix.
58. The Bob & Tom Comedy Tour -Netflix
59.

6 comments:

  1. So, let's say you miss a day, do you watch two to make up for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't watch a movie every day, I'm just keeping a list of everything that I do watch. I'm thinking of extending this to 2012 with a re-start of May 1, as I should be on a more normal for me regiment by then.

    I've watched maybe a third of the films I normally would since this started, just due to life happenings and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just meant is that how you would balance things out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really set goals of that nature. Though I do have a goal for 2012, to be revealed in the future....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Mr. Blue. THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete